Guwahati/Jorhat, July 24: A panic situation occurred at Jorhat’s Assam Rifles Canteen on Tuesday after a lizard was found inside a sealed Coca-Cola bottle.
As per reports, customer after purchasing a Coca-Cola bottle suddenly noticed that a small particle was floating inside the bottle. On closer observation, the customer was shocked to discover that it was a dead lizard.
The customer then protested on the issue and immediately, the authorities of the canteen assured him that they will look into the matter.
It may be mentioned that cases of negligence in food safety and packaging are on the rise in Assam and consumers are now raising questions about the safety and hygiene of packaged food and beverages.